A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

How did you come out?

TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

How did you come out?

Post by TravM on Tue Jun 22, 2010 1:29 am

Did you come out to your parents? Did you come out to people at school? What exactly happened? I, myself, have never come out to anyone. I'm still contemplating on who to tell.

If and when I tell my mom, she'll most likely be upset. I'm not sure about her general opinion of gays, but I'm sure she's somewhat prejudice. She may get over it in a year. I'm not sure how my stepdad would take it. He's made jokes about gays before. He'll more than likely not be so open-minded about it. And that sucks because we've been actually hanging out and talking more.

If and when I tell my real dad, that relationship is kaput. I'm prepared for it, and I guess I'll try and make the most out of the remaining years we have. My sister has stuck up for her gay friends before, even though she claims to be a huge Christian, so I'm guessing she'll be okay with it. My stepdad's daughters have called me gay before (in an insulting joke kind of way). I doubt they'll be surprised and I doubt they'll talk to me casually again. They'll probably talk about me behind my back and make jokes, like they usually do. My mom's family will most likely have a fit and I'll lose my close relationship with my cousin, who I always used looked up to. He told me he'd "fucking punch me" if I was gay. He said it in a joking manner, but he would most likely do this. I'm prepared for whatever happens.
    nick
    Good Poster
    Good Poster

Male Posts : 30

Re: How did you come out?

Post by nick on Fri Jul 02, 2010 6:50 am

The only person I'm out to is my dad. I came out to him while we were sharing a room on holiday last year. He was cool with it, actually he'd guess it already.
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:00 pm

My mother found out a more awkward and most definitely not that way I had originally intended to at all. Well we're not exactly supposed to share stories, but she had walked in on my ex and I rounding second base, (making out) and she stared turned around, started laughing and saying "I KNEW IT!"
    TheNinjasAreComing!
    Known Member
    Known Member

Male Posts : 145

Post by TheNinjasAreComing! on Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:52 am

My friend said she had a crush on me and asked me out... i wanted to tell her the real reason that i said no. said i was bisexual and had a bf... So Bleugh. thats my boring story Razz
    heathrow
    New
    New

Male Posts : 8

Post by heathrow on Sun Jul 04, 2010 11:38 pm

I guess the most significant comming out for me was to my mum. We went for a walk, just after I had come back from the pride parade. She said to me
    "You know, if you were gay, I wouldn't care. I just don't know how your dad would take it"
    to which I replied
    "That's why I haven't told him yet"

That was my big moment. My mum pretty much told everyone after that, including my dad.

Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 82

Post by Huascar on Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:42 pm

Maverick wrote:My mother found out a more awkward and most definitely not that way I had originally intended to at all. Well we're not exactly supposed to share stories, but she had walked in on my ex and I rounding second base, (making out) and she stared turned around, started laughing and saying "I KNEW IT!"

omg, that must be shameful.
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM on Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:25 pm

My mother found out a more awkward and most definitely not that way I had originally intended to at all. Well we're not exactly supposed to share stories, but she had walked in on my ex and I rounding second base, (making out) and she stared turned around, started laughing and saying "I KNEW IT!"

omg, that must be shameful.

Meh. Wouldn't be that shameful to me, imo. That's certainly not how I would want to come out, but it wouldn't be so bad. xD

Huascar
    Fledged
    Fledged

Male Posts : 82

Post by Huascar on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:01 pm

I'm straight for now but I'd come out telling my mom, that's it.
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM on Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:02 pm

I'm straight for now

You're either straight or not! Razz None of this "for now" crap. LOL
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

Post by Maverick on Mon Jul 12, 2010 4:11 pm

Huascar wrote:I'm straight for now but I'd come out telling my mom, that's it.
    Well you could be straight on the outside and gay/bi or whatever on the inside it doesn't matter. Whatever you find out that you truly are, just be proud of it. Never be ashamed.

TravM wrote:
    I'm straight for now

You're either straight or not! Razz None of this "for now" crap. LOL

No. This doesn't always have to be the case.

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Sun Jul 23, 2017 11:48 pm