A place to feel safe asking other teens for answers.

The meaning of...

Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Male Posts : 718

The meaning of...

Post by Maverick on Thu Jul 01, 2010 5:04 pm

Prepare for a slight /rant.

What is this thread representing you ask? Let me say that this is my point of view on many subjects wide spread of not only religion, but maybe or existence.

The way I see things is that we are all simply souls in a skin cell covered body or mass. The soul purpose simply to live another day. Then to die sadly.

When we die I believe that there maybe is a state of mind that we go back into. The reason i say back into is because a new soul (This is imo) comes to this earth as a handicap person. To get back on topic we go into a state of mind. Like a training where we go over out previous life and are enlightened more until we are ready to return to earth in a different body. I still have no conception of a higher power/God/Heaven/Hell. The belief of talking to the sky and believing that he will be my miracle worker and save me from my sorrows and pain is a poor excuse. "God give me wings to fly" *Jumps off building and splats on the ground* (Sorry for poor example) That person just died. God does not grant wishes or make thing appear over time.

You are your own miracle worker. You make things happen. When you put your mind to something with the ambition and right mentality anything can be possible. Like Earth itself (On a different note) is just a tiny atom out of the entire endless galaxy. You could go on and on out in the vast universe, but it never ends. Like the atoms within objects and other living/non-living creatures and or objects have atoms.

I don't believe in the way of 2012. The only time that I believe would have been the end of the world was in the 60's when those atomic missiles were stored in Cuba. That is all. All of this "New millennium" bullshit with paranoid Mayan scribing and mumbo jumbo.

If I am wrong and we all die then I will accept that, but as of right now and all of the past times predicted the only way this earth will destroy itself is going to be a massive nuclear world war "Each other". There is plenty that this government is not telling us and are hiding. Frankly we will possibly never know.

What do you think of parts of my philosophy please explain in detail that way there is a validating way of expressing your view. You may highlight any part of the debate. Discuss.
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Male Posts : 635

Re: The meaning of...

Post by TravM on Thu Jul 01, 2010 7:39 pm

I've never given too much thought about what happens after you die. Once your time is up on Earth, it's up and you die. In reality, we live to live and then we live to die. It sounds somewhat wrong this way, but it's the truth. That's why we should make the time last because life, of course, can be taken away from us at any time. I've haven't thought of the possibility of anything after dying, but learning your view on the subject is somewhat cheerful, if it does happen. I wouldn't mind coming back as a new soul and being enlightened and review the previous life I had. It doesn't seem like a bad idea and I would probably prefer doing this than doing nothing (even though everybody would start out as handicapped). I would certainly be able to evaluate the decisions that I have made if we are to end in a way such as this.

I don't believe in this whole 2012 theory. They said the same thing about 2000, and it's already been a decade later and we're still here. I don't believe that the world will end anytime soon. We're probably going to be here for a very long while. We would might be able to gain a clue to when the world will end if we figure out how it began. How we were created on this Earth will most likely never be known, so I'm not going into all that. I certainly don't believe the bible's way of it, since I am not a Christian. If I was a Christian, I would be shielded from the bad from the world. I would rather experience what's really out there. I don't believe in talking and being spiritual with a 'god' that I can't see. I've had a situation or two where I felt as if I needed a god during a rough time and I asked for help, forgiveness, etc. Nothing happened. There's my proof that he's not real. Take it or leave it. I'm not trying to disprove any Christian. I'm glad that they feel as if they need something to believe in and more power to them, but it's not my thing. I can only believe in myself and the people around me who are going to affect me in a positive way.
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:01 pm

The way that this earth was created always has it's different perspectives/theories/analogy. The most interesting of the views is the pyramids. They were claimed to have been built by simple machines and pulleys and manpower. Some speculate that, that is not true. The way they think about it is the the same way of Stonehenge. It has been there almost as long as the pyramids. They say they were both created by the extra-terrestrial.

As hoke that sounds do you believe that such heavy and such architecture and structure was able to be built by simple machines?
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM on Thu Jul 01, 2010 8:11 pm

The pyramids had to have been built somehow. Of course by man and the simple machines they had, but they couldn't build those pyramids with just that and pulley systems. I mean, have you seen those pyramids? They're effing huge.

Extra-terrestrial? :/ I don't believe in aliens or anything like that. I guess it's a possibly, but it's just not something I believe in. I don't know what my opinion is on that. That's a very tricky, confusing question.
    Maverick
    Mr.1980
    Mr.1980

Post by Maverick on Fri Jul 02, 2010 2:09 pm

Even though as out of proportion it may sound that extra-terrestrial may have existed. There is very little evidence that supports that theory however, but I will have to say that in that time and age. I don't believe that simple machines and rope could have done that in such architecture and technique or placing each stone strategically.

Even still today are still preserved, but there had to have been something other than just simple machines and tools.
    TravM
    Famous
    Famous

Post by TravM on Sun Jul 11, 2010 1:31 pm

Even still today are still preserved, but there had to have been something other than just simple machines and tools

Agreed. There had to have been something else, but what? I can't think of anything and I doubt that we'll ever know, unfortunately. :/

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:45 pm